Wednesday 20 April 2011

In a dark, dark room theres a dark, dark secret!!

I'm fascinated by horror films, not the endless sequels of an original and endless generic copies which seem to get worse and worse as it filters down into oblivion. I'm fascinated by the better side of horror the horror that has the power to really scare. I enjoy both ends of the horror spectrum, the though provoking horror that doesn't need to chop you up and feed you to inbreed cannibals, I love the originality the complexity which seems to be more and more hard to find in new films. I put this down to the sequels and copies, people don't seem to care anymore about what their making, they only care how much their making. I also enjoy the extreme end of the spectrum the ultra gore although this end almost always comes with added rubbish acting its still fascinating to see peoples takes on gore and ultra violence. For this exhibition I want look at video and digital artists take on horror, preferable both ends of the horror spectrum.              

No comments:

Post a Comment